Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday July 16th



Mellow Monday

So usually once my Monday is over I can't even imagine getting through the rest of the week. lol.
So now I bring you Mellow Monday :) 

Let's start off with some deals I got over the weekend:

Target

Heinz Distilled White Vinegar $1
-$1.00 Coupon = FREE
(picked up 2 of these deals)

Mountain Dew 4/$11
($2.75 ea)

Pull Ups $19
-$2.00 Manufacturer Coupon = $0.34 ea

Pretzel Crisps $2.99
-$1.00 Coupon = $1.99
(picked up 2 of this deal! Never had these before but they are DELICIOUS!!)

Market Pantry Noodles ($0.99) and MP Sauce ($1.00)
-$1.00 Target Coupon = $0.49 ea

Schick HydroSilk Razor + Shower holder + 2 Refills= $8.00
-$2.00 Target Coupon = $6.00

Overall I saved $24.61 this Target trip :) 

Winn Dixie

Hot Pockets 5/$10
-$0.95/2 + -$2.00/3= $1.41 ea 

Freschetta $3.99
-$1.00 Manufacturer Coupon = $2.99

Kellogg's Fruit Snacks $1.99
-$1.00/2 =  $1.49 ea

Most of the other deals I got were BOGO..
I went to a different Winn Dixie than normal, but I won't be making that mistake again lol

Overall I saved $46.69 at Winn Dixie


Staying on track with grocery lists and coupons

So my first attempt at weekly shopping was a bit unsuccessful, but I have realized why. Since I've been shopping every 2 weeks there were a lot more things I needed. However, even though I went shopping this weekend I already have another list started. 
This week I am going to prepare a grocery list for Friday just to get the items that end up on my list by the end of the week. 
I can look for coupons on the things I've listed so far daily.. 
Here is an example:
This is what my list looks like already
Ziplocs
Eggs
Milk
Paper Towels
Sugar
Flour
Shampoo/Conditioner
Anti Bac Body Wash
Hand Soap
Bananas

So I'm going to start my coupon matching.. I know the circular deals don't come out until Wednesday, but there's no harm in being prepared. I think this is going to change the way I shop. 
Here are the coupons I've found so far:
Ziplocs:

I have quite a few coupons for eggs, I think I will just keep them all together until the deals come out sometimes Winn Dixie will offer (18) Count Large eggs for $1.99

I also still have the luxury of WIC for now so I won't have to worry about milk.

Paper Towels:
(I will probably end up using this one usually WalMart carries 6ct Sparkle for $4.97)

Sugar

Flour
I have yet to find any coupons for flour. However, I know they come around so maybe next time. 

Shampoo/Conditioner
I'm hoping by Friday I'll still be able to pick up the Target Deal on Garnier
(Garnier $0.99 ea - I love this deal and catch it often!)

AntiBacterial Body Wash
$1/2 Dial Body Wash RP Insert (exp 07/28/2012)

Hand Soap

Bananas
Sometimes Chiquita.com or Chiquita's FB offers coupons but none as of right now, which is okay because they're about $0.54/lb 

So here is my new system for keeping on top of my list and doing away with unnecessary purchases!! Wednesday when the new sales come out I will already have my list and coupons ready to match!!
To find coupons for your own shopping list check my Coupon Database and my Manufacturer Coupons!! 


OR check out this great deal from Plum District today! 
I have to say this is a pretty spectacular deal if you don't like to find/clip your own coupons or if you just don't have the time.. 
This discount brings the price from $8.25/mo to $1.25/mo



I'm also keeping track of the meals I make for the next 3 weeks or so along with prices and coupons so I can create a menu in the future.. 
I stumbled upon this beauty this weekend and I think it's going to be a fabulous help:


Goals
My goals are a bit of an unorganized mess, but I am still making them.. writing them down in whatever notebook is close to me at the time lol. And most importantly starting small. 
Here are some of my completed goals as of this month:

Earn 600 Swagbucks 
(I've earned over 800)

Open a PerkStreet Account
 (I opened one 2 days ago-Super excited can't wait to update about my cash back experiences with this account)

Open a Savings Account
(I opened an account this month with American Express Savings Bank, You can open the account with as little as $1.00 and absolutely NO FEES. 0.85% APR.

Start planning our 5 Year Renewal Wedding
I have started planning this and hope to have a budget by September. 
You can see some of my dress picks here
I am also tracking this goal on Payoff.com

I also have goals for each section of the house that needs to be organized but we'll get in to that later.. 
I'm also saving for our annual family vacations.. 
I'm tracking those goals on Payoff.com as well. 

Overall I am thrilled to be able to see my goals progress.. it's very rewarding :) 

Well I believe that is all for now.
Thanks for tuning in!
Comments Welcome!!








No comments:

Post a Comment