Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Again..

Well it's Monday again.
What's on the blog agenda for today?

The Modern-Vintage Mommy Homemaker 101

I am absolutely in love with a new place for me lol.
Some of the styles are a bit expensive but it's a very friendly site and their sales are fabulous!

Pinned Image

Follow Me on Pinterest
Check out my Pinterest to see more!!!
(This search is ongoing)

Also! Ebates offers Cash Back at ModCloth!


Check out Retro Planet for all things... Retro and Awesome!!
Such a cool place to shop/browse!
Plus you earn points with each purchase!!
And to save even more find them on TopCashBack for cash back rewards!

Pinned Image


I have used both Ebates and TopCashBack.. and they are both wonderful!!
TopCashBack offers cash back on Flirty Aprons too!!!


Target Deals of the Week!!
Well there are some great sales coming from Target this week!

General Mills Cereals $2.75ea
Pepsi/Mountain Dew 3/$10
Archer Farms Lunch Meat 3/$7
Quaker Chewy Bars 2/$4
Cascade 60ct $10.99
Huggies/Pampers Jumbo Packs 2/$18
There's a special 15% off clearance on some Glade, AirWick and Febreze Products!
(Bet I can get some great match ups!!)
Ziplocs 3/$8


HP DeskJet 3054A wireless e-All-in-One color printer, scanner and copier
What a great deal on an All-in-One Printer!!
$59.99
 (Plus recieve a $10 Target Gift Card)




Dirt Devil vacuums

On Sale for $15.00!!!!
I had one of these when I was in college and I LOVED it!!!!
I would really like to have one now.... It's pretty much impossible to get my stairs vacuumed with my larger vacuum! Plus, with a toddler this is great for quick clean ups..
Yup definitely going to have to consider getting one for myself!! lol.

Target is already offering great prices on back to school supplies, but I'm anxious to see what the tax free weekend (Aug 3-4) will bring :)

Failure is a Friend
Well one of the more challenging and frustrating things about being a new Homemaker is that failures are inevitable..
At first it was hard for me to cope with complete failures lol. Especially in the kitchen..
Until I got married I could only cook simple things..
Ramen, Grilled Cheese, Noodles & Sauce..
But now I'm in the big leagues.. Momma and wife.
So I want to make sure my boys have the best!!!
This is going to sound rather ridiculous but, maybe it will encourage someone lol.
My most recent failure turned finally success was something as easy as homemade corn chips.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the price of chips (especially name brands like Doritos, Tostitos, etc) has really shot up.. It's sad when $3 for a bag of chips is sale price.. and coupons for chips like that only come around about once a month.. if we're lucky lol.
So.. I started buying corn tortillas and decided to embark on my own chip making..
At first it was easy.. I was frying them lol.
Needless to say.. the mess, the time, the grease.. just not necessary..
So I decided I could bake them..
Not too hard right??
Well... needless to say it took about 3-4 times before they finally came out completely crunchy... lol.
But once they did it was fabulous..
And all I needed to do was increase the baking time.. (or cut them smaller)
Baking them is so much faster.. and healthier.. and now we can have chips whenever we want!
The other good thing about buying corn tortillas is that you can make so much with them!!
(And they can be frozen)
Make Taco Pies or Super Nachos..
So far I've just used seasoned salt and salt on them which is pretty delicious..
But I think I'm going to try some of the popcorn seasonings..
($1.98ea... can't really beat that..)
I think if I sprinkle some on before I bake them then we can really have homemade chips!!!
I guess I said all that to finally say that last night my husband said:
"I'm glad you don't give up easily"
(crunch, crunch.. as we're eating my baked chips & salsa)
And honestly I guess I'm glad I don't either lol.

Tonight for dinner we're having Crockpot Steak, Mashed Potatoes w/ Homemade Gravy & Veggies (maybe biscuits)
Cooking more from scratch has really saved us some money and honestly ruined my taste for junk food.. lol. I recently bought some BagelBites and HotPockets (favorites of mine) and I found that I didn't like them anymore... I was sad.. but happy too!
After all I prefer my own cooking!!!
I've been keeping a chart with our dinners/prices and it looks like dinner is costing us about $1 each every night :)
Even the Dollar Menu can't beat that...




Well.. No Classy Housewife can be without classy shoes :)
Check out my new love...
satin pleated toe front flat
These are on sale for $13!

And... Heels too :)

bow toe kitten heels
They do carry more than just red lol.
But these are totally cute.



PerkStreet Financial

Okay.. I wrote about PerkStreet in my Financial section but...
I AM SO EXCITED!!
My checks and pin number have arrived!!!
Now all I'm waiting on is my debit card..
Looks like I will be using my new account for groceries this time!!
I know a lot of grocery-guru mommas have moved to cash system...
Well..... I had a change of mind on that since I can transfer funds before I go grocery shopping and earn cash back on my purchases...
Plus... who says you have to spend the whole budget??
I think this will be great for us..
Stay tuned I'm going to keep updates on how this is going!!



Well that's all for now!
Check back later for more updates!





















 

No comments:

Post a Comment