Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Healthy Eating & New Meal Plan

Well after using www.fitday.com for about a week now I've been able to grasp what I'm missing in my nutrition. This has allowed me to create a new meal plan. It may seem odd to the majority but we are heavily lacking calories and some important Vitamins! So this meal plan has been created for us.. Healthy High Calorie Foods!

7:00 Breakfast:
-Smoothies & Starches (hash browns, Toast, Biscuits)
-Yogurt & Granola & Fruit
    +Coffee

Supplements:
It appears I'm ridiculously low on vitamins A,C,D and Iron.
The milk should cover vitamins A&D I will track my progress to confirm..
Vitamin C Supplement 1000mg (1 Daily)
Iron Supplement 10-20mg (1 daily- 18mg recommended daily)
-( http://www.ehow.com/about_5208331_recommended-vitamins-women.html)

9:30 Morning Snack:
-Milk (2 cups whole)

-Celery & Peanut Butter
-Peanut Butter Crackers
-Apple Slices & Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews)
-Pretzels

12:00 Lunch:
-1 Soda or Fruit Juice

Wraps (Spinach/White Tortillas)
    -Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, Tuna etc
    -Mayo, Honey Mustard, Ranch etc
    -Romaine, Spinach, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers etc
    -Cheese
W/ Potato Salad, Baked Chips

2:30 Snack
-Water
(Same as Morning Snack -Milk)

5:00 Dinner:
Beverage of choice (milk, juice, water)
-Chicken, Fish, Beef, Pork (I love pork but we try to keep it minimal)
-Potatoes, Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Zucchini, Eggplant
-Green Beans, Broccoli, Sugar Snap Peas, Mixed Veggies

7:00 &9:00 Nighttime Snacks:
-Cereal
-Ice Cream
-Yogurt
-Sweet & Salty Trail Mix
-Or any snacks from above

I will start this hopefully on Monday once my grocery trip has been fulfilled!
If anyone has any input on iron supplements please feel free to comment!
And you can sign up and track your own nutrition! It's free and user friendly!!
Www.fitday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment